Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 In Review

In January, we celebrated our 6th anniversary. And Chad surprised all of us when he built his first leather item and started what would become known as Oldfield Fine Goods.

February through April brought a dry spell on the blog, but I played ketchup here. In February, Penn turned 2 (and had a Mickey Mouse birthday), Janie turned 30, we took MC to see Mary Poppins at USM, and MaryCollis played "Little Miss Muffet" in her school program.

In March, we hunted a bunch of easter eggs, Penn got tubes for the third time, we had the walkathon at NEJ, and we had a really awesome spring break.

April brought Flowering of the Cross at SJDS, Relay for Life, and Touch-a-Truck.

In May, MC had her end of the year choir and AWANA programs as well as May Day. And I said goodbye to some of my favorite students at graduation.

June is always crazy. We had LLT Kids Camp, VBS at church, and tennis camp. Penn moved into a big boy bed. We celebrated Father's Day and attended an Isaacs concert. I completed the Whole 30, which made me feel so much better. We also went to the beach.

We celebrated my 30th birthday in July. The greatest gift I could have ever received was a girls trip to Savannah with my closest friends. Best. Vacation. Ever. We also visited Lindsay and Andrew in Nashville,

August brought the start of school and a new class for MC (K4 with Mrs. Maranda). I spent most of my time having play practice. A lot of play practice.

In September, MaryCollis turned 5 and had an Elsa-themed party. And I directed Happy Days, which took up the majority of my time.

In October, the kids sang in their first choir programs of the year. We had a booth at Loblolly for the first time. The kids had a Noah's Ark party at church. We had an awesome time at the Fall Festival in Gardiner Park. We attended Eagle Fest at SJDS. Penn broke my nose, and I had surgery. We watched Katie become a real-life princess at NEJ's Homecoming. MC and Emma Kate went to cheerleading camp and then cheered on the Tigers. We helped at the ARC Fun Day at JCJC.

In November, we had a relaxing Thanksgiving and attended the annual Advent Luncheon at Mitchell Farms.

In December, we welcomed the Blaker Twins and did a whole bunch of other stuff.



2015 was a really horrible year for blogging. It's been difficult to do much of anything between school, kids activities, and Oldfield. 2016 should be just as busy: our 7th anniversary, Penn's 3rd birthday, spring break in Disney World, lots of wholesale shows for Oldfield, my girls trip to San Antonio, and Penn's first year in school. Exciting things are happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...